Eco Tourism basically means creating as little impact on environment as possible. Thereby, it also helps in maintaining the indigenous population and promoting conservation of habitats and wildlife while visiting a place. Eco tourism and the development of Eco tourism is quite responsibly form of tourism, since it promotes usage of natural products in all aspects of life. It also forms the key when it comes to sustainable ecological development.
The definition of eco tourism according to the International Eco Tourism Society is “responsible travelling to natural areas which preserves the environment and amends the welfare of local people. So quite clearly, people implementing and participating in the activities of eco tourism need to follow certain principles which are:
- Minimization of impact on environment.
- Building cultural and environmental respect and awareness.
- Providing positive experiences for hosts and visitors both.
- Providing financial gains directly for conservation.
- Also, providing empowerment and financial gains to the local people.
- Arousing sensitivity towards the environmental, social and political climate of the host country.
- Supporting labor agreements and international human rights.
Do’s of Eco Tourism
- Do not throw non degradable litter like tins, empty bottles, plastic bags etc., instead carry them back. Throw the litter only in dustbins and nowhere else.
- Observe the holiness of temples, local cultures and holy sites.
- Strictly cut down noise pollution. While visiting sanctuaries, wildlife parks and nature resorts, do not blare loud tape recorders, radios or any such other electronic equipment.
- In case of temporary toilets set up near the campsites, cover with sand or mud after you defecate. The toilet must be atleast at a distance of 30 m from the water resource. /li>
- While taking photographs, respect people’s privacy. Prior permission must be taken for taking a photograph.
Dont’s of Eco Tourism
- Do not take away cuttings, roots or seeds of fauna and flora as the bio diversity of the region being visited needs to be protected.
- Do not utilize pollutants like detergents in springs or streams while bathing and washing.
- Wood should not be used as cooking fuel at the campsites.
- Do not make open fires or leave cigarette butts in the forests.
- Do not consume alcohol, drugs, aerated drinks or any other intoxicant in the wild.
Eco Tourism is the sole way of maximizing the environmental, social and economic benefits of tourism.
India is endowed with multifarious cultures, religions, thoughts and that is why enchants “unity in diversity”. India has been the birthplace of many religions like Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism and Jainism. Like other religions, there are innumerable followers and believers of Jainism spread worldwide, hence Jainism is considered to be amongst prominent religions in the world.
Incepted by lord Mahavaeer, Jainism has been the paradigm of peace and Ahimsa (non-violence). In ancient times, Jain people laid their bases in all over India preaching their principles and ideologies. Still these monuments, worship hubs are preserved and widely touristed for knowing and understanding what Jainism and Jain pilgrimage is all about!
Places defining Jainism
In India, there are loads of places that are reckoned as Jain pilgrimages. Whether be north India or south, east or western parts of India, there are hardly any corner left that has not a Jain pilgrimage.
Beginning with north India, Bhavanganja located in Madhya Pradesh is broadly acclaimed. Around 72 ft of statute of lord Mahavira is simply an inexplicable artistry and is truly eternal. Similarly places like Muktagiri, Kampil and many others, temple, caves and lots other Jain pilgrimages are scattered all over northern states like Uttar Pardesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and many others.
Coming down to south, again there are loads of Jain religious hubs like Kolanupaka reputed for their auspicious values. Bihar the birth-state of lord Mahaveer, is besieged with places like Rajgeer. Also, beauteous Pawapuri, Vaishali and many others are famed for their esthetical values.
Jain Pilgrimage: Call of Lord!!!!
Jain pilgrimages and their bases are not only confined to their followers but have been the matter of interest for people all round the globe. Special rituals celebrated in unique and grand manner have made world patronize its followers and significances of Jain religion as well. The major points for their popularity have been the artistic architectures of Jain pilgrimages.
Tourists and people from all over the globe come at Jain pilgrimages. Witnessing the celebrations of Jain rituals is really amazing. Apart from visiting on special festive, Jain pilgrimages are places where one can relax, tranquil, enjoy and learn as well. At Jain pilgrimages, one listen some holy mantras that glorify the creator of God. Also, one gets the chance to eat special dishes and dainties.
Touring and spending holidays at Jain pilgrimages is really an amazing and memorable experience. That is why; people at large no. are opting tours at Jain pilgrimages as the entire spent at these places really refreshes and enlighten one bodily and spiritually.